COVID-19: Internet Access
- Discounted internet services for $10 per month. >> View Details
- Two free months of internet service. >> View Details
How to sign up for complimentary broadband:
To sign up for Comcast’s program for low-income families, applicants can visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
To enroll in Charter’s free-broadband program for students, eligible consumers must call 844-488-8395.
- Limited-time, first month free of Connect2Compete service, $9.95/month thereafter
- Until May 12, 2020, we are providing phone and remote desktop support through Cox Complete Care at no charge to provide peace of mind and ease for technology needs
- Resources for discounted, refurbished equipment through PCs for People
- A Learn from Home Toolkit for schools, including instructions on how to fast-track eligible students without internet access
- Free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Free public access at its hotspots and will not cut service to residential or small business customers who are unable to pay their bill because of coronavirus disruptions
- Lifting unlimited data caps for cell phone subscribers for at least 60 days
- No late fees or will not disconnect accounts for an indefinite amount of time.