In addition to the resources provided by Rocky River Public Library with your library card, here are additional resources you can use at home with an internet connection to keep you informed, entertained, and educated.
COVID-19 Resources – local online resources during COVID-19
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland – Staff are working remotely to serve our clients in need.
RomanceBookCloud– a huge collection of steamy Romance novels for the older crowd!
Newspaper Archive – access 300 million page newspaper collection
The Internet Archive – offers many resources including books that are in the public domain and some tv shows and movies. It also includes research resources.
MOOC.org offers many great, free courses you can take entirely at home
Museums & Concerts:
Virtual Tours – This article outlines a list of museums with virtual tours.
The Metropolitan Opera – Streams free nightly opera performances
NPR – Live virtual concerts list from NPR:
For Kids & Teens:
TumbleMath – K-6 math ebook database
TeenBookCloud– grades 7-12 ebook database
AudioBookCloud– all ages audio book database
Gale Resources is providing free access to support online learning from Pre-K through undergraduate:
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy – Interactive kindergarten-readiness program that introduces children ages three to six to key concepts in math, science, social studies, language and literacy, art, and music. It’s as challenging as it is fun!
- Kids InfoBits – Introduces elementary schoolers to database searching with easy-to-use resources featuring age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content covering a broad range of educational topics.
- Gale in Context: Middle School – combines reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and more.
- Gale In Context: High School – supports student papers, projects, and presentations while empowering the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills with content aligned to national and state curriculum standards.
- Gale In Context: College – offers interdisciplinary content that reinforces the development of skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.