Join The Team
At Rocky River Public Library we are proud to offer exciting career opportunities. We look for people with a positive attitude, who excel at patron service and know the value the library has in their community. For over 90 years, the Rocky River Public Library has endeavored to enrich the lives of our community with books, information, programs and services. Our staff works to ensure that the Library’s mission to preserve its unique atmosphere and personal service, adapt quickly and efficiently to anticipate and meet community needs, and to promote freedom of information for all is fulfilled.
No current openings.
Employment at RRPL includes:
- Health Benefits: The Library offers medical, dental, vision, a flex spending account, long term disability and life insurance coverage to full-time and part-time employees.
- Paid Time Off: RRPL offers a generous PTO benefits. All employees working 20+ hours accrue PTO each pay period.
- Sick Time: Sick time accrues separately from PTO, and can be used for your immediate family or your own illness, or doctor’s appointments.
- Professional Development: The Library fosters an environment of development and provides many opportunities for staff members to take classes and workshops to increase their skills and performance. To promote continuing education and advocacy for public Library Services, Rocky River Public Library will reimburse Library employees for a portion of professional memberships to organizations related directly to their work duties.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Qualified employees can apply for tuition reimbursement for an MLIS degree.
- Employee Assistance Program: The Library offers the use of a robust Employee Assistance Program to all employees.
High school students looking to fulfill service hours can now find Library volunteer opportunities in our online events calendar. Simply select “Teen Volunteer Program“ in the Event Type drop-down box to see what is available.
If this is your first time volunteering please complete the following paperwork and return it to the library prior to this shift.