- Use black ink to fill out forms.
- Proof of citizenship is required. Original or certified copy of birth certificate or naturalization papers or previous U.S. passport.
- Photo Identification and a photocopy of the exact same identification (e.g. Driver’s License)
- One current color photo 2”x2”. The Library can take passport photos at a cost of $11.00.
- Previous expired passport, if applicable. If the old passport is lost, the applicant must fill out form DS64.
- Passport application fees ($110.00 for a passport book, $30.00 for a passport card, $60.00 optional expedite fee)
- Payment to the U.S. Department of State must be in one of the following forms:
- Personal, cashier’s, traveler’s, treasury, certified or money order checks
- NO cash, credit cards or starter checks will be accepted.
- Payment to Rocky River Public Library ($35.00 for passport application fee, $10.80 for passport photo) can be made by check, cash or money order. Starter checks will not be accepted. A $25.00 fee will be charged if a check is returned for insufficient funds.
- DO NOT SIGN your application ahead of time, as it must be signed in the presence of an Acceptance Agent.
Minors under age 16:
Both parents must appear with the minor. However, there are some exceptions. (Please ask the passport agent for details).
The following are required:
- Proof of citizenship and parental relationship by submitting an original or certified copy of birth certificate;
- Photo identification of both parents;
- One passport photo;
- Previous passport (if applicable);
- Minor passport application fees ($80.00 passport book, $15.00 passport card).
Minors 16-17 years of age:
Minors are able to apply without parents present if able to submit sufficient photo ID and evidence of parental awareness (e.g. check with parents’ names).
The following must be submitted:
- Proof of Citizenship: original or certified copy of birth certificate or previous passport;
- Photo ID; (If temporary driver’s license, additional ID is necessary or one parent must be present and present his or her ID. If minor has no ID, one parent must accompany the minor and present his or her ID.)
- One passport photo;
- Passport application fees ($110.00 passport book, $30.00 passport card).
Receive e-mail updates on our exhibitions, events, and more: