2020 General Election Information
ELECTION DAY IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Due to the uncertainty about the safety of voting in person due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, there will be a high demand for voting by mail. Please request your ballot as soon as possible.
Find out if you are registered to vote by clicking here.
Not registered? Register to vote online or update your address by clicking here.
Need help filling out your voter registration? Click here.
Don’t want to register online?
- Call (216) 443-8683 and a voter registration form will be mailed to you
- Visit Rocky River Public Library and pick up a voter registration form.
Mail or drop off your application to the:
Cuyahoga County Board of Elections
2925 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115
IF YOU WILL BE 18 BY NOVEMBER 3, 2020,
YOU CAN REGISTER TO VOTE NOW
VOTE BY MAIL
Want to vote by mail? Request an application by clicking here.
Need help filling out the application? Click here.
Be prepared to mail your application back. Postage is NOT prepaid.
Mail or drop off your application to the Cuyahoga Board of Elections, 2925 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115
If you are voting by mail, you will probably receive your ballot in October. Once you VOTE, be prepared to mail your ballot back. Postage is NOT prepaid.
- Ballots must be postmarked by Monday, November 2
- Mail or drop your ballot off to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, 2925 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115
- The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) estimates that it may take two to five days for your voted absentee ballot to be delivered to your board of elections by mail.
If you are mailing your ballot during the week before Election Day, you should take it to USPS no later then the day before Election Day (Monday, November 2) and ensure it receives a postmark as follows:
- If you use a postage label purchased at a USPS customer service window or vending machine, the date on the label is the postmark. This is the USPS-recommended way to postmark your ballot.
- If you use postage stamps, ask that it be postmarked.
- If you are voting in person and need to know where to vote, find your polling location by clicking here.
|9/18/2020||Vote-by-Mail / Absentee ballots to be mailed|
|10/05/2020||Close of Voter Registration|
|10/06/2020||Opening of Early In-Person and Vote-by-Mail (Absentee) voting|
Deadline for applications by mail for a Vote-by-Mail / Absentee ballot to be mailed
|11/02/2020||Voting in-person at the Board of Elections ends|
|11/02/2020||All Vote-by-Mail / Absentee ballots mailed anywhere in the U.S. must be postmarked on or before this date and received at the Board of Elections on or before 11/13/2020 in order to be counted.|
|11/03/2020||All overseas Vote-by-Mail / Absentee ballots must be signed and submitted for mailing by 12:01 AM EDT on or before this date and received on or before 11/13/2020 in order to be counted.|
|11/03/2020||6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Election Day – Provisional voting at the Board of Elections