*Masks are required for Notary services*
The Rocky River Public Library offers free limited Notary Public services for the benefit of the community, Monday through Saturday during regular library hours, ending 30 minutes prior to closing. Appointments are not required; however, please call (440) 333-7610 in advance to verify that a notary is available.
1. Please bring a valid, government-issued photo ID and unsigned documents to be notarized. Documents must be signed in the presence of the notary in order to be valid (ORC Section 147).
2. Patrons must bring their own witnesses if needed. The library does not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or customers using the Library.
3. Documents to be notarized must be in English.
4. Documents to be notarized must contain a Notary Public jurat or acknowledgment.
5. The library provides only basic Notary Public Services and is not able to notarize more than 3 documents per person per visit.
6. The Library’s free notary service is intended for simple documents (auto titles, etc.) and does not require specialized expertise.
We reserve the right to refuse to notarize documents for any legal reason.
Note: In the State of Ohio, notaries cannot certify documents. We cannot certify copies of passports, driver’s licenses, birth certificates, marriages, death certificates, divorce, or naturalization certificates. For the Complete Notary Public Service Policy click below.