Teacher Loan Program
You are eligible for a Teacher Loan Card if you are a …
- teacher of grades 12 and under
- preschool teacher
- childcare worker
Please register for a teacher loan card at the Circulation Desk. Student teachers cannot be issued a teacher loan card, they must make arrangements with their classroom teacher to check out items.
Teacher Loan Guidelines
Teacher loan cards are for teachers of grades 12 and under, including preschool teachers, childcare workers and others who work with children and teens.
Patrons can register for a teacher loan card at the Circulation Desk with their teacher identification badge or pay stub.
Items available to teacher loan cards include books, audio books and music owned by Rocky River Public Library, up to 75 items per request.
The loan period for a teacher loan is 28 days, plus renewals as available.
Items not available to teacher loan cards include DVDs, Blu-Rays, Launchpads, video games, S.T.E.A.M. kits, Read-n-Play Packs and materials for personal use.
Teacher loan requests may be made in person at the Children’s reference desk or by calling 440-333-7610 and pressing 4 to reach the Children’s Department.
Loan requests require a 24-hour notice and are processed Monday through Saturday.
Teacher loans are available for pick up only at the Circulation Desk.
Library staff will hold your teacher loan for one week past the pick-up date.
There are no overdue fines, however, if a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, a replacement fee will be charged.
Please return teacher loan materials and loan bags together at the Circulation Desk rather than through the book drop or drive-up window.
Request a Teacher’s Loan
Call (440) 333-7610 or visit the Children’s Department to request a teacher loan of up to 250 items:
- Picture books
- Graphic Novels
- Fiction Chapter Books
- Nonfiction books
- Compact discs
- Books on CD
- Playaway Audiobooks
The Library may limit the number of materials on a specific subject because of high demand or community usage. Teacher loans must be picked up and returned inside the library at the Circulation Desk. Materials are available for 28 days.
Do you need to create a classroom set? The library stocks multiple copies of a number of books. In addition, you may request copies to create a class set from various libraries for pick up at Rocky River Public Library through the library’s interlibrary loan service, CLEVNET. Please allow approximately one week for materials to arrive.
The professional collection contains books for teachers and caregivers of children birth through grade six. It includes activity books as well as ideas for implementing Common Core Standards.
The library’s collection of audiobooks may be paired with print copies to aid struggling readers. Physical formats include books on cd, PlayAways (preloaded mp3 players), and read-a-longs (prepackaged book and book on cd sets).
- Hoopla – The library’s streaming service includes digital audiobooks and educational films.
- Kanopy Kids – Stream hundreds of children’s videos for free
- Overdrive Digital Library – provides access to ebooks and audiobooks for children.
- Tumblebooks – contains interactive storybooks, chapter books, games, and more.
The library subscribes to a number of databases and factual resources for children.
The Children’s Department staff are happy to demonstrate how to use these resources.
- Can include a presentation, a library tour, and material check out.
- Call the Children’s Services Department to arrange your class visit at (440) 333-7610 ext. 5502.
Outreach Story Times
- Available for preschools and daycares in Rocky River
- Conducted by our experienced children’s specialists
- Designed to create excitement about books and reading
- Contact the Children’s Services Manager at (440) 333-7610 ext. 5502 for more information