COVID-19 Library Services
Drive-thru Window Opens Sunday, October 4
Beginning Sunday, October 4, the drive-thru window will be open to pick up reserved items currently being held at Rocky River Public Library. Please visit the drive-thru window after receiving an email or text notification that your item is available for pick up.
A few things to note:
- Pick up service at our drive-thru window is available during regular Library hours.
Mon -Thu: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Fri & Sat: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sun: 1:00 – 5:00 pm (during the school year)
- You will need your Library card or driver’s license to use this service.
- The window is for vehicle traffic only.
- You may be asked to come inside to pay fines, resolve issues, or pick up large items.
- For your safety and the safety of library staff, we are unable to accept returns at the drive-up window. Please drop off your returns in the book drop or inside the building. The book drop is available 24/7, for returns only.
30-minute Browsing & Notary Services begin Monday, August 3
- Level 1 – Open for 30-minute browsing and limited computer access
- Level 2 – Open for 30-minute browsing and limited computer access
- Level 3 – (After August 3) Open for 30-minutes browsing and limited computer access. *CURRENT*
- Level 4 – Building closed, Curbside Pick-up Only
We appreciate your patience as we navigate through this uncertain time.
Curbside Pick-up Text Service Now Available
You can now use TEXT MESSAGING for curbside pick-up? Text the word “pick-up” to (440) 294-6440 when you arrive in the Library parking lot and follow the prompts.
Computer Center Access
You can enter the Library to access the internet in our Computer Center.
Do I need to make a reservation?
Yes. Please call (440) 333-7610 ext.3783 to reserve a computer. In-person walk-up reservations are available at the Greeters Desk for available time slots.
How long can I reserve a computer?
You can make one reservation per day for two hours long. Appointments times are
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am, 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm, *6:00 pm
Friday and Saturday). 9:00 am, 12:00 pm, *3:00 pm
*Final appointment of the day.
30-minute Browsing & Lobby Services
You can enter the Library for 30-minutes to browse and check out materials from our collection. You can also access the following Lobby services:
- RRPL Women’s Committee Ongoing Book Sale
- Copy/Fax Machine
- Public Telephone
- Paper Shredder
Please note: These items are self-service. Limited staff assistance will be provided.
Passport and Notary Service
You can enter the Library to apply for a passport or receive notary services. Please call (440) 333-7610 “press 1” for an appointment.
Monday – Thursday – 9:00 am – 8:00 pm.
Friday & Saturday – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday (school year) – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
Although we encourage you to use the drive-thru window to retrieve your reserved holds, curbside pick-up is available as accommodation, when necessary.
How to Pick up Your Holds using Curbside Pick-up
- Place items on hold online or by phone at (440) 333-7610. You are currently only able to place online holds on materials that are owned by the Rocky River Public Library.
- Receive notification (via phone, text, email) that your item(s) is available for pick-up.
- Come to the Library, park in a numbered space, and take note of your parking space number.
- Call the library at (440) 333-7610, press 1 for curbside delivery services, or text “pick-up” to (440) 294-6440.
- Provide your name, library card number, and parking space number
- Open your trunk and remain in the vehicle
- Staff will deliver your items to your trunk.
No Cellphone – Curbside Pickup
- If you do not have a cell phone, please call ahead and let us know that they will arrive in 30 minutes. Please provide your name, library card, license plate, and vehicle description.
- Come to the library at the agreed-upon time, open your trunk and remain in your vehicle
- Staff will deliver your items to your trunk.
Book Drop – Book Return
Please return library materials to the book drop. Restocking the shelves is an essential step towards reclaiming normal library operations. If you have overdue materials currently checked out, please return them by August 31. Please understand that if these materials are not returned soon, they will eventually be considered lost and a replacement cost bill may appear on your account. Should that happen, simply return the items and the bills will be removed.
Staff cannot accept materials during curbside pick-up. The drive-thru book drops are open 24/7.
Telephone Reference Service
Adult Reference – Please call
(440) 333-7610 “Press 2”
Children’s Reference – Please call
(440) 333-7610 “Press 4”
If you have questions or need assistance, please call (440) 333-7610.