The Library Is Open, We Are Here For You!
To Our Valued Patrons,
As we all work together to slow the spread of the Coronavirus, we are committed to the safety of our staff and the public.
We ask that you limit your in-person use of the Library as much as possible. We will continue to offer reference by phone (440-333-7610) and email (), computer use by appointment only, and drive-thru pickup of items. We have placed another self-check in the Circulation Area to provide additional contact-less checkouts.
We realize that some of you may not have internet access or the ability to use any or all of our virtual services. We are placing the following additional restrictions in place until further notice.
- Reducing the number of patrons in the building at any one time from 50 to 30;
- Removing all seating in public areas to encourage brief visits and browsing of materials as quickly as possible;
- Limiting computer use to appointment-only in the Public Computer Center, and reducing the available slots from five to four; and
- Limiting staff and patron interactions as much as possible.
- Passport and Notary Services are suspended
As a reminder, proper wearing of a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times is required while in the Library.
Our staff is working from home as appropriate and as they are able. Some are not in the building at all, while others are working part of the day in the building and fulfilling the rest of their hours from home. We have recently updated our HVAC Air Handler units with UV light filtration (REME/HALO units) thanks to CARES act grant funding to further help cleaning the air. We have cleaning protocols in place that include a CLOROX 360 machine, as well as two electro-static handheld devices and routine cleaning of all high touch services.
We are here for you as we continue to follow the guidelines from Governor Mike DeWine and the Cuyahoga County Health Department.
Jamie L. Mason,
Computer Center Access
You can enter the Library to access the internet in our Computer Center.
Do I need to make a reservation?
Yes. Please call (440) 333-7610 ext.3783 to reserve a computer. In-person walk-up reservations are available at the Greeters Desk for available time slots.
How long can I reserve a computer?
You can make one reservation per day for a one-hour session.
Appointments times are:
Monday through Thursday:
9:00-10:00 am 10:30-11:30 am 1:00-2:00 pm 2:30-3:30 pm 4:00-5:00 pm 5:30-6:30 pm *7:00-8:00 pm
Friday and Saturday:
9:00-10:00 am 10:30-11:30 am 1:00-2:00 pm 2:30-3:30 pm *4:00-5:00 pm
1:30-2:30 * 3:00-4:00
* = Final appointment of the day.
30-minute Browsing & Lobby Services
You can enter the Library for 30-minutes to browse and check out materials from our collection. You can also access the following Lobby services:
- Copy/Fax Machine
- Public Telephone
- Paper Shredder
Please note: These items are self-service. Limited staff assistance will be provided.
The drive-thru window is open to pick up reserved items currently being held at Rocky River Public Library. Please visit the drive-thru window after receiving an email or text notification that your item is available for pick up.
A few things to note:
- Pick up service at our drive-thru window is available during regular Library hours.Mon -Thu: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Fri & Sat: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sun: 1:00 – 5:00 pm (during the school year)
- You will need your Library card or driver’s license to use this service.
- The window is for vehicle traffic only.
- You may be asked to come inside to pay fines, resolve issues, or pick up large items.
- For your safety and the safety of library staff, we are unable to accept returns at the drive-up window. Please drop off your returns in the book drop or inside the building. The book drop is available 24/7, for returns
Book Drop – Book Return
Please return library materials to the book drop. Restocking the shelves is an essential step towards reclaiming normal library operations. Please understand that if these materials are not returned, they will eventually be considered lost and a replacement cost bill may appear on your account. Should that happen, simply return the items and the bills will be removed. The drive-thru book drops are open 24/7.
Telephone Reference Service
Adult Reference – Please call
(440) 333-7610 “Press 2”
Children’s Reference – Please call
(440) 333-7610 “Press 4”
If you have questions or need assistance, please call (440) 333-7610.