Interlibrary loan is how libraries share materials for the benefit of all of their patrons. Through interlibrary loan, Rocky River Public Library can obtain for you many special-interest books, old novels, histories and more that we cannot afford or do not have space for in our own library. Rocky River Public Library participates in the M.O.R.E. (Moving Ohio Resources Everywhere) system.
Most materials not available at our library may be obtained through interlibrary loan using your Rocky River library card. However, new or in-demand materials, rare items, textbooks and many reference books cannot usually be borrowed from other libraries, nor can we request an item directly from a specific library. Many items are delivered quickly, but some materials may take three weeks or more to arrive. Once Interlibrary Loan items are checked out, they are not renewable and should be returned only to Rocky River Public Library.
Please ask at the reference desk or call 440.333.7610 x 5501 if you would like to request an interlibrary loan.
If you need an item right away:
You may check these nearby libraries' catalogs for availability of your items. You will need to borrow the item directly from the individual library.
- Avon Lake Public Library
- Cleveland Public Library
- Cuyahoga County Public Library
- Lakewood Public Library
- Westlake Porter Public Library
- INFOhio: Statewide cooperative project to create an electronic network linking Ohio students, teachers, library/media specialists and others.
- Library Catalogs from around Ohio
- Ohio Historical Society: Connect to the official depository for Ohio government archives
- Ohio Public Library Information Network
- WINSLO: World Wide Web Information Network State Library of Ohio
Library Catalogs World Wide