Part Time - 20 Hours
Rocky River Public Library, an independent, medium sized public library in suburban Cleveland, Ohio, with a population of approximately 21,000 and a budget of approximately 4.8 million, is seeking a part-time Training Specialist. The library’s Training Department offers the community a resource for outstanding computer training programs (approximately 18-26 sessions per month) and offers the library staff continuing education classes to keep up with the constantly changing information world.
A Training Specialist presents training programs to meet staff and public technology training objectives, develops training documents and materials, and works to identify training needs and evaluate training effectiveness. Essential job functions include:
- Deliver training and development programs to staff and library patrons.
- Assist manager in the planning and scheduling of classes.
- Provide one-on-one meetings and telephone support with patrons and staff.
- Collaborate with manager to assess training needs.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree in education or related field, two years’ classroom experience teaching adults, and advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, Social Networking, Social Media, emerging technologies, and mobile devices.
Other desired abilities are the following:
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public, staff and patrons of all ages.
- Maintain a high level of energy, consistently positive attitude, and reliability in task completion.
Hourly pay rate starts at $15.58. Flexible schedule includes Saturdays, Sundays, and multiple evenings.
Send cover letter, resume and completed application byFebruary 13, 2015 (email preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Paterek, Training Manager
Rocky River Public Library
1600 Hampton Road
Rocky River, Ohio 44116
RRPL is an EEOE